Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
seturner98
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,

I am trying to understand how to best view and control two Arlo Pro systems without needing paid subscriptions.  I am not yet sure how it all works, even after reading a lot of info online.

What I want to do is buy two separate 5-camera Arlo Pro Systems, with the systems installed in different locations. I'd like for my wife and I to each be able to see & control both systems and all 10 cameras.

If I correctly understand the account and cloud/viewing limits, you can only view/control 5 cameras per free ACCOUNT, where the account is tied to a registered email address, not to a cell phone.  I also understand that you can grant access to "Friends" on each account and control individually their access to cameras on that account.

If that is correct, then it seems to me I could set up the two separate 5-camera Arlo Pro systems.  My wife could then register for an admin account for one system, and I could register for an admin account for the other system. We could then grant full access/control rights to the other person to view and control our specific system via phone App, tablet App,  or PC/Mac.

This should allow each of us to see and control all 10 cameras on our phones/tablets, computers, etc. each having one account of our own with 5 cameras as well as full access to the other system of 5 cameras. We would have two accounts, each with the maximum "free" cloud/viewing allotment, but would not need a paid subscription to see/access all 10 cameras.

1. Is this correct, or have I missed something in how it works?
2. Is it also true that each account owner could grant full or limited access to other "Friends" to view the cameras on either of the accounts? This would be good for other familiy members.
3. Can "Friends" get camera motion/sound alerts via email or push notifications sent to their own phones when they are accepted as "Friends," or can ONLY the single ACCOUNT owner  with Admin rights register to receive alerts for the cameras?

Thanks much for your help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

#1 yes tho you would not have 100% control on the shared cameras

#2 yes but remember more users = less battery life

#3 email alerts can be for anyone, pushes are either on or off for both the primary AND guests

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

#1 yes tho you would not have 100% control on the shared cameras

#2 yes but remember more users = less battery life

#3 email alerts can be for anyone, pushes are either on or off for both the primary AND guests

Morse is faster than texting!
seturner98
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you again, TomMac!   Concise and just exactly what I needed to know!  Thanks again...