Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can Geofencing Turn On Arlo Pro Camera?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
zamarra33
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to find out if Geofencing from the Arlo iOS app can turn on/off all the cameras sync with the base. The modes that I can edit does not give an option to turning on the camera, just options on what the camera is supposed to do when a trigger happens. 

Apologies if this has been asked and/or answered. Please point me to the right thread if it's already been asked and/or answered. 

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

To turn off all cameras when you're home. Edit Geofencing mode on your phone app and when you're at Home, set the mode to Disarmed

zamarra33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick response.

I understand arming and disarming with geofencing mode. My question is about turning the camera on/off with geofencing. For example, if geofencing detects you're away, the cameras will turn on and then be armed. If geofencing detects you're home, the cameras will disarmed and then turn off.

Is that being developed at the moment or has it already been available and I'm just missing something.

Thanks!

steve_t
Master Master
Master

The cameras are not designed to be turned on/off. They're only really designed to be armed or disarmed through modes. When it is disarmed or you use a custom mode where that particular camera is not active, that's as good as the camera being off in the settings. A camera that is "off" will still need to communicate with the base to be able to be turned back on. Some people have reported that they have turned a camera off and it still has recorded according to the rules in their recording mode so turning it off may not even work if you have cross triggering rules

zamarra33
Aspirant
Aspirant
I reached out to the support team and they confirmed that this feature is not available. Maybe in the future they will add this feature.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I guess they could but currently there's no difference in being disarmed or being off so I doubt they'll ever do it