Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras will not update firmware

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
D-rod
Follower
Follower

Cameras will not update firmware and night vision does not work.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried so far?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

D-rod,

Who is your ISP and what are you download/upload speeds? Do you get any error messages when attempting to update your cameras?

JamesC

Smileyhoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

Just tried the download, camera blinks like it is supposed to then just goes back to update available

jguerdat wrote:

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are your Internet download and upload speeds as reported by speedtest.net?  Have they updated after being left on overnight?

MusicMaker96797
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue.  Just bought another two cameras for my system (I started with two, this would be number 4).  

One of the two cameras updated the firmware.  The second seemed to try to do it, but then after blinking as it was supposed to for a minute or so, now simply says "update the firmware" and then when I try to do so, it just cycles back to the main screen.  

I pulled the batteries, removed the camera, resynched the camera, added it to my account, and tried again.

Twice.  Each time the firmware does not update.  It just immediately exits without updating anything, but doesn't show me any image on the camera.   

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Did it update overnight?
KevinBru
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had the same issue. Support asked me to log out of the app and sign back in. Voila the update button disappeared. I went into the camera settings to verify the firmware was the same as the other camera and it was. 

JJtheNovice
Tutor
Tutor

I just added two cameras to my system and the second camera kept saying there was an update even tho I chose the update option.  Turns out it did update (probably the first time). When I logged out of the Arlo app and closed down my browser (chrome) and then started browser and then logged back in to Arlo app everything was good.  Everything was good and the second camera had updated.  Hope this helps.