Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not charging

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
DannySpain
Follower
Follower
I have a total of 4 Arlo pro cameras, also 2 arlo branded solar panels . I have had them for a while and they had worked pretty good till about a month ago . They stopped charging the batt . I have one camera in my living room which I would charge and how I kept the rest of the cameras running by switching the batt from this indoor camera when the solar didn’t charge enough . (Live in Chicago , winter is almost sunless some days ) One day the camera started to say the charger wasn’t compatible . Have no idea why it will say that since it’s the cable that came with the system and I absolutely did nothing to it . I will reset the camera and it will return to normal and charge again but then one day it stopped charging all together and no more warning . I thought maybe it’s this battery or camera so I switch first batt no luck , I tried all 5 batt and not one will take charge . So I tried different cameras and none will either . Alll 4 cameras would not charge . Called customer support and they said they will send me a charger after doing the steps I had aiready done on my own . I bought I charger on my own since the one they said was taking too long. It was an Arlo branded cable and plug and it did not work . At this point I bought a charging base for the batt cause I was losing power on all of them . Tasted the cable on the station and it worked . It’s not the cable . I called support and they said I still had to wait for there cable. I did and no surprise it did not work . They made me do more steps (same as before , take batt off plug the camera to just the cable ) The camera will not take charge . There answer was will it’s off warranty so your out of luck . I asked to speak to a manger and they refuse to pass me it since they where sure they will tell me the same . I understand if I had a fault camera, I will even understand 2 . But all 4 at the sane time just doesn’t make since to me . It can’t even be a bad kit cause one of the cameras was bough as an add on. Now I have 4 cameras that don’t take charge and 2 solar panels that are useless . And support basically saying there’s nothing they can do .

I was very loyal to this brand, even recommended it to many people . I was looking into upgrading to arlo pro 3 and adding an arlo q and keeping the Ones already have . ( remove blind spots ) but if cameras are meant to work only for a year why would I and if I have to replace 4 might as well get something that is meant for longer use , Now I see myself in the need to replace my whole equipment to another brand if I can’t get any help with them. If the cameras are built for only taking charge for 1 year I should of been warned before I invested over 600 on them .
0 REPLIES 0