Camera will not sync.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Iceman213
Follower
Follower

I just bought a 2 camera set from Amazon. I tried syncing the cameras one at a time, and they seemed to work when they synced, however, one of them showed as offline on the app. I went ahead and updated the firmware on the base station, then the one working camera, and now those 2 are fine. I then tried to remove the device from the app, and then removed the battery from the camera in order to "reset" it so I could try and re-sync it. Afterwards, I was able to re-sync the camera and then I attempted to update the firmware. The camera just blinked amber and blue for 6 hours. I decided that nothing was happening and the app showed the camera as offline, not even updating. I then took the battery out of the camera and put it back in, the camera immediately synced up and said the update failed and I need to run it again. So I ran the update again, and it completed successfully (I believe). The camera showed up on the app as a black screen that had a live button. I pressed the live button, and then it just loaded forever and went back to the main screen saying that the camera was unresponsive. I then tried to remove the device from the app again and pull out the battery. After doing so, I put the battery back into the camera and tried to re-sync, but when the battery was put in, the blue light came on indicating it had power, then I tried to use the sync button (after pressing the one on the base station) and I got no light response at all. I tried to do this with the camera directly plugged into an outlet, and I had the same issue. I tried switching the batteries on the cameras and the first camera synced immediately with no issue, but I still had the same issue with the other camera. I believe this is going to be an RMA situation, but I just wanted to see if there was something I might do in order to get this up and running before I do that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You've got it well-covered. Open a case with support.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You've got it well-covered. Open a case with support.