Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
bobboblarraine
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed a camera to re-sync in an attempt to trouble-shoot a battery drain issue. When I try to sync, the camera LED blinks as if there's a firmware update taking place, and doesn't sync. The "update" blinking recurs every couple of minutes as long as the camera has power (battery or cable), whether I press the sync button or not.

The base station has been restarted several times and internet connection is strong. The 4 others cameras are working normally.

Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you tried removing the battery and then running off the AC power adapter?

bobboblarraine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I've tried that. Same results.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support using the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here.

bobboblarraine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will do. Thank you both for the input.

bobboblarraine
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does this company not even provide an email contact? All I see on the support page is calling by phone for a fee and live chat.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

I just found new cam setup will have a bit of time to update its firmware. It actually updates first reboot system and it continues its update again.. This depend on how recent the firmware itself on the cam.. So to anyone doing a newly setup just be patient and let the update finish itself.... 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

bobboblarraine wrote:

Does this company not even provide an email contact? All I see on the support page is calling by phone for a fee and live chat.

A recent change won't show the email contact if chat is available. I agree, it's a pain but that's the way it is now.

CML
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same exact problem here.  How did you resolve it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick thing to try is to power cycle the base and then remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.