Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
franc60
Follower
Follower

Hi, i am having issues with my cameras not recording, registering movement etc. My app is up to date. Is anyone else having these issues as i am not sure what to do?

41 REPLIES 41
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First thing to do is power button reboot the base,

off- on and let it come back about 2 mins, test

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
mgordon82
Guide
Guide

Same thing has been happening to me within the last week. One camera works and the other shows up, base station recognizes it, but it does not stream. Was picking up movements and recording them but stopped a few days ago. I contacted support and they said the device was faulty with no known reason why. They told me that since it is past the 1 year warranty, they won't even replace it. I believe they are putting out firmware versions to purposely fault the device to stop working to force customers to purchase newer devices. I don't think anything is wrong with the camera besides them having something wrong with the firmware.

They need to fix their firmware and admit they are making the problem worse. I've tried the arlo app, home app in iOS and the arlo website to check if the camera works and all the same issue.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe they are putting out firmware versions to purposely fault the device to stop working to force customers to purchase newer devices. 

I have Arlo HD cameras, original arlo cameras, ( and Pros, Pro2, Q, etc ) that all still function as if new.

Haven't seen what your suggesting at all.... sometimes electronic devices just plain fail over time.

Morse is faster than texting!
mgordon82
Guide
Guide
It seems to be happening to other people as well. There needs to be an explanation as to why a camera was working just fine and just stops working randomly without warning.
Jers
Tutor
Tutor

Mine are doing the same and I tried everything. Were you able to get a fix for this yet?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jers

Regarding your issue, can you please provide as much detail as possible?

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Max84
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi i am using the free account since 1 year with arlo pro 2. I have a camera in my backyard. Yesterday we spend the afternoon + evening in the backyard the camera stopped recording small clip at 18h after this nothing else... is there a reason why? Is it because there is a maximum capacity per day?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Max84

I have you tried to reboot this camera by removing & reinserting the battery?

Wotta
Guide
Guide

Same here, they’ve stopped working properly in the past week. Seems suspicious to me.

Wotta
Guide
Guide

To add, I’ve tried, updating resetting, been hours on the phone to support and they promised they’d get back to me and never did. Please release an update or whatever you need to do to fix this ASAP. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Wotta wrote:

Same here, they’ve stopped working properly in the past week. Seems suspicious to me.

What is suspicious? Have you tried the trouble shootings steps.

Wotta
Guide
Guide

I've tried everything. Arlo went through all the steps with me then said they'd look into it and get back to me and never did.

Seems suspicious that I'm not the only person having these issues this week. Guessing it has nothing to do with my equipment. I don't suppose I'll ever find out if Arlo refuse to help.

Macnachtan
Initiate
Initiate

You aren't alone. My cameras have all stopped registering movement and recording. Mine are set to disarm when I am in the geofence and manage based on a schedule (on at night, off otherwise), and then arm when I leave the geofence. The system arms and disarms as expected, but the cameras don't actually detect motion or record now unless I do so manually. I've tried all of the usual troubleshooting tricks (reboot, unplug and reboot, remove batteries, re-sync, delete cameras and re-sync, and nothing has worked.

Wotta
Guide
Guide

Totally awful that this is happening to lots of us and no-one at Arlo is willing to help. Would be a huge coincidence if all our camera systems failed at once. I really feel Arlo should be looking into this. 

Wotta
Guide
Guide

Personally I’m tempted to throw mine away and never use Arlo again. Unless of course you actually want to keep your customers? P.S. please don’t tell me to reset etc... I’ve done everything possible and was told they would get back to me, that never happened. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Wotta

Thank you for providing your feedback. May I ask for your case number so I can review?

Jakubowski
Initiate
Initiate

Yup, happening to me too. None of my cameras linked to the base station are recording. I am however getting motion detection alerts! I could even barely load my cameras for live view to see if it's working. There always seem to be 1 good camera which loads fairly quickly and rest just never loads , I'm talking loading from same network.

Wotta
Guide
Guide

I see the app has been changed and now everything works again. So it was Arlo's fault then. A bit more transparency would be nice, I was ready to throw them away. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Wotta

I was hoping to resolve the issue first. There was an Arlo app update for Android devices, Version 3.0 this update is should be available to all Android users starting today. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jakubowski

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Nelettekara
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased my Arlo setup less than 30 days ago and needless to say I’m not impressed! Cloud service is garbage cameras stop recording daily. I put up cameras for safety and security due to unfortunate circumstances. I’m so fed up with them already, to the point I put up my old Zmodo cameras again. My arlos are literally sitting in a box might as well be the trash.
oaltun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since last month or so, the camera recording have become extremely unreliable. After I connect to it remotely, sometimes it stops detecting motion & recording. If I connect again remotely, then disconnect, it starts recording again.

I tried restarting the base but it didn't help.

I will try now to disconnect and connect again the camera (unfortunately couldn't do remotely). I don't think this will solve this though, looking at the amount of complaints recently of the same issue.

We need resolution ASAP, what's the point of a security camera that randomly stops working?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @oaltun

The cameras will not detect motion or record when you are actively live streaming. This is why the cameras return to the armed state after you disconnect from the live stream. 

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Our system has problems a few times every month. For example- Our Cam 1 will randomly decide to 'play dead' (NOT the battery, just ability to detect or record) in the middle of the day then 'wakes up' at 6:47pm. like it was fine the whole day and we wouldn't notice. The battery is usually around 35-50% when this happens, so it is not that. Then maybe Cam 4 will have the problem a week later;  Cam 2 maybe 3 weeks out from that. Just very random for no apparent reason. We just change out the batteries even if they aren't dead, or go to settings and switch it off, wait an hour, then turn back on and usually the camera acts normal after that.