Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera showed offline. Said it needed to update firmware but failing. Tried removing.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Aliciah03
Aspirant
Aspirant

About 5 days ago one of my cameras said it was "offline" - I removed the back where the battery was and put it back on. Once that was completed it said I needed to update the firmware, which will not update. I read other posts on this and nothing it working. I'm not sure what else to do other than throw it away...

This is everything I've done:

- disarmed the system

- Removed the camera

- Restarted the HUB

- Removed all the cameras and HUB and rsync'ed

- Removed the app and reinstalled.

Someone please help

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aliciah03 wrote:

About 5 days ago one of my cameras said it was "offline" - I removed the back where the battery was and put it back on. Once that was completed it said I needed to update the firmware, which will not update. I read other posts on this and nothing it working. I'm not sure what else to do other than throw it away...

This is everything I've done:

- disarmed the system

- Removed the camera

- Restarted the HUB

- Removed all the cameras and HUB and rsync'ed

- Removed the app and reinstalled.

Someone please help

Support would be the next thing to try.   https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Aliciah03
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo doesn't know what the problem is - I am being sent a replacement

Aliciah03
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received an RMA link, I can get into the link but when I submit it brings me back to the submit page, not showing it was submitting. I did it multiple times. Did it on my Mac, my iPhone and a windows laptop - all had the same issue. Tried chatting with someone but I've been waiting for a half hour to be connected. Can anyone help with this issue? I'm getting sick of the problems with this company.