Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Stoyvo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera battery was low so after recharging it for several hours it is still "off line". I've swapped batteries with another camera and see the battery is full. Now the camera that I put the original battery in is now "off line". I"ve rebooted the base several times with no luck.  Do I have a bad battery?  I just bought the system in July (4 months ago)

10 REPLIES 10
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Delete the camera from your device list and re-sync it. Hold the base sync button til the camera green LED starts flashing. Insert the battery into your camera and briefly press the sync button so the blue LED on the camera starts flashing slowly. After a while, hopefully the blue LED will flash quickly and be sync'd. If there is no blue LED, the battery might not be contacting correctly - check contacts. If the blue light only blicks slowly and it never syncs, move the base station at least a foot further away from your wifi router and try again

Stoyvo
Aspirant
Aspirant
That didn’t work- not getting a blue light at all. Just blinks amber
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If the camera LED blinks amber, it's means the battery is low

Stoyvo
Aspirant
Aspirant
How long does it take to charge? It’s been plugged in for 3 days (72 hrs)? Its never taken this long before
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you using the Netgear charger? Does the battery indicator in the device list show a lightning bolt? Then click on the cog for the camera settings and you'll see the battery level indicator in percent

Stoyvo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using the chargers provided with the cameras. My camera has been offline for the entire time so I can’t see if charging, etc. I’ve tried re-syncing several times, restarted base and nothing. Works. Bad battery?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to be sure, verify that the charger actually has the Netgear logo on it.

Since you're using the right charger, the camera should work regardless of the battery. I'd think the camera would be the issue, not the battery. You can verify this by swapping batteries around as well as by pulling the battery out of the camera and run the camera off only the power supply.  Of course, it would be worthwhile to make sure the charger itself is working properly by plugging it into another camera.

Stoyvo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve swapped batteries and then camera works just fine, when I put the “bad” battery in another camera, that camera goes off line, which makes me think it’s the battery. My system is only 4 mos old and didn’t think I would have to start replacing batteries already.
wilmington
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought a new 4 camera system 3 days ago and I have a similar issue.   Three of the cameras work fine but one goes offline constantly.  I plugged in the charger until I got a solid blue....and it seemed OK for a couple hours then went offline again overnight.   Seems like a defective battery and I have emailed support.  Waiting to hear back from them....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree - sounds like a bad battery. Since you're out of the store's return policy, you need to open a case with support for an RMA.