Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera not connected

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ArloPA
Guide
Guide
Turned 1 camera (of 3) off now it's not connected to internet to turn back on. What happened?
4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

In order to assist you, we need a lot more information from you.

Art the cameras Pro models?

Are they inside cameras or outside cameras?

What were the conditions when the camera went offline?

Are you sure the battery has a sufficient charge and is making good connection with the contacts inside the camera?

Have you tried to open the battery door to the camera to power cycle it?

Have you tried to re-sync the camera?

What are the lights on the hub showing when you try to re-sync it/

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Take the battery out and put it back in. What color LED blinks on the front of the camera?

ArloPA
Guide
Guide
Thank you for your response. The camera was an Arlo Pro outdoor. I eventually had to take down the camera, remove & replace the battery, remove the device from the app, re-sync the device & add back to app, and put camera back up. I believe that there was a failure on part of the app and device to reconnect after turning off this individual camera. This was unacceptable and a blemish to the Arlo Pro system. Since I have lost confidence in this function, I will not turn off an individual camera again; rather I will disarm all cameras and re-arm them when necessary.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's likely a one time occurance of unknown origin. I turn my various cameras off at will with no problem. It would be better to test it to verify proper operation than to ignore the issue. A bad camera can be replaced.