Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera mic volume low on Samsung S9 Android Phone. Seems louder on iPhone.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
FZTT
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo camera mic volume in order to speak to someone seems to be low on my android samsung s9 phone. My wife has an iphone and volume when speaking to someone seems much louder is there a fix for this? Is it a android app issue?

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey FZTT,

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app on your Samsung S9 Android phone to see if that helps? If you still have problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Ron6969
Star
Star

I have exaxt same problem with my S9.  Any other suggestions?

FZTT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Iv not done that but app has been updated several times so i would have assumed if app issue would have been fixed! Will give it a go anyways.
titanicimages
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here with Samsung Galaxy S9, stupidly low volume on voice communication through camera speaker, but better with IOS device,not much.

Have you resolved this to get louder volume?

Ron6969
Star
Star
No i haven't. I was really looking forward to having the mic option but it is useless. You would think Arlo would either fix it or put something in description to for warn.
Flyingace
Aspirant
Aspirant
My S9 plus does the same thing. Has there been a fix ?
Ron6969
Star
Star

Not that I know of.  Volume is fine using an iphone but pretty much useless for android.  Kind of stinks if you ask me.

LarryHawks
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue.   The sound coming out of my Arlo Pro 2 has a very low volume when using Push-to-talk from my  Samsung S9 with Android 10.0.   The push-to-talk volume coming out of the Arlo Pro 2 camera is great when using my laptop.  Since Arlo has known about this issue for quite awhile (I've seen several complaints of this), I would hope that Arlo is working on a fix.  They should have the ability to test this and determine the issue.   Has anyone else on here found a fix for this?