Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ron6969
Star
Star

I have a camera at my front door which picked up movement. I have another to the side, about 15 feet away that does and doesnt pick up. It is set to 100% sensitivity. Why woukdnt it pick up motion? Also, I am unable to send audio when I push the mic button.

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Ron6969,

Try to optimize the motion detection on the camera where it isn't picking up motion properly, which you can read here: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

For the audio not working, are you receiving any error when using the push-to-talk feature?

Ron6969
Star
Star

Thank you Jess.  I was thinking the camera would pick up movement much further away but i guess not.  I will have to find closer locations.

As far as the volume, my friend was in front of it and after about 8 attempts, he was able to hear a very faint voice coming from the camera.  I have the mic volume all the way up and no error messages have come.  Thanks for your help.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What phone device are you using? Have you tried using a different phone device to see if the issue occurs as well?

Ron6969
Star
Star
Thanks for or your prompt response. I am using an android, samsung 9s. I guess I can try putting the app on an iPhone and try out.
Ron6969
Star
Star
I get audio with an iphone and can hear it thru my android. Little or no volume comes thru camera from the android though. Between this, and the limited area of motion detection, I am a little disappointed.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you regarding this,

Ron6969
Star
Star

I have numerous problems and complaints.  Why does the mic barely be audible through android but not on iphone?  Will this get fixed?

Ron6969
Star
Star

This appears to be waste of time.  I see a great deal of complaints with no fixes.  I have always not been able to use an android for the mic; one camera always grey in night vision making night vision useless; motion detection is so slow person has already gone by when activated; I no longer get text notifications for alerts.  It has gotten to be quite discouraging.  I don't see any fixes with new app.