Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Mdv1
Initiate
Initiate
Camera continues to detect cars when the feature is turned off
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I'm not aware of any "do not detect cars" feature. The cameras will detect motion, from anything that has a heat signature. I've had mine pick up cars 60 feet away on a perfect day. The solution was to reposition the camera so it's motiuon sensor didn't pick up the cars anymore. Works perfect.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What feature? The on/off switch in Settings, My Devices, your camera? Or using the Disarm mode?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I'm not aware of any "do not detect cars" feature. The cameras will detect motion, from anything that has a heat signature. I've had mine pick up cars 60 feet away on a perfect day. The solution was to reposition the camera so it's motiuon sensor didn't pick up the cars anymore. Works perfect.

Mdv1
Initiate
Initiate

When i go to Library, select the filter icon and then deselect Animals and Vehicles i still get videos of passing cars

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The filter in the library has no to do with whether cars are recorded. It's just a filter. However, if you mean you turn off cars and still see videos of cars I'd guess you don't have Arlo Smart enabled. Those settings would only work if you have at least one camera with Arlo Smart enabled.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Just to add....... as mentioned the filter is only to filter videos that have already been recorded. Gives you an easy way to view only motion videos, or only audio videos, or only videos from camera 1 and 2, but not 3, etc.

If you deselect all filters that means you will see all recorded videos in the library. If you select a filter it will show only those you select.

I'm using the andriod app and I don't have animals or cars as a filter option. I only have my cameras, audio, motion, manual, IFTTT, favorites, non-favorites.

Legowrangler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try turning off email notifications for the camera with Arlo Smart. Only use push notifications to your Android device. You also must stay logged in to the app to receive the push notifcations.