Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
RCobb
Tutor
Tutor

I will join the chorus of customers complaining about cameras not connecting.   From what I read it all seems to be since the last update to software.  It seems to be getting worse.  First there were just lags in loading live feeds.  Now cameras are not connecting and dropping offline.  The complaints I’ve read are universally in agreement that Arlo is NOT supporting its products and ignoring customer complaints.  

9 REPLIES 9
CactusHugr
Tutor
Tutor

Correct - Arlo only offers support for people paying their monthly subscription and ever since NetGear sold Arlo, like literally the day after, the Arlo App has been completely worthless.

The no need for a paid subscription is the entire reason I, as well as many others, chose Arlo over the competition. But since the sale, this company has proven only that they at web/app development and any day now they're going to require a subscription for anyone to use the app at all.

The world needs somebody to help us unlock the system and create a go fund me for a good, solid, USABLE AND DEPENDABLE app.

I have a 5 camera system that worked pretty darn well until these new apps came out. Now it's about a 5% chance of live streaming any camera from the device menu, and when I click on a recording it plays a totally different recording for no reason. Literally nothing has changed except the app version and company.

Zero aftersale support for anyone except subscribers. This is why I've gone with the competition for my other video systems.

Waste of money to by Arlo anything - inferior products and support.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @CactusHugr

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 41401344

ttamrekab
Initiate
Initiate

i was just on phone with customer service reps and basically said it was a network error and that i needed to pay a one time service fee for them to diagnose my entire home network in order to fix, then, if the camera still didn't work, they would look into fixing/replacing it. 59.99 for them to diagnose. anyone had this? i've loved the system so far but 1 camera just all the sudden doesn't detect motion and am afraid others will be next. help.

CactusHugr
Tutor
Tutor
If 1 camera has completely failed and you're outside of the warranty, then you're going to have to buy a new camera no matter what (unless you switch to a more reliable company's equipment). So you'll be out the $60 plus the new camera. Win win for Arlo and lose lose for you.

If your base station doesn't detect it, and you've gone through the reset and changed batteries in the unit, then there's not much else you can do except look for another arlo owner nearby to try their luck with detecting it.

Just my 2 cents but there's nothing their diagnostics can do remotely if the camera is offline - period.

Sounds like a load of junk to me.
CactusHugr
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Shayne. I see you (or somebody) has also edited my comment - possibly because it was too accurate? Seems a little watered down now... but what I said was 100% true. I understand a small annual fee (small - like $5 or something) to maintain the phone app... but there's not much to maintain given Arlo has completely messed it up since the sale. Seriously, the programmers really messed things up bad and need to get the system back to full functionality before nobody wants to buy your products anymore. It's really bad.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ttamrekab

That sounds like you contacted a 3rd party scam. Please us the Arlo website when contacting customer support. I have provided the link here: Arlo Home Page 

Arlo Tech Support

ttamrekab
Initiate
Initiate

that was via the website. perhaps it was a scam, certainly didn't see the point in paying 60 bucks for them to go thru my entire network. for all i know they did already anyways. geez. 

DarrenLise
Aspirant
Aspirant

We just purchased a Arlo Pro 4 wire-free HD security system from a local reputable store and we cannot get the cameras to sync with the base station. We have been unable to get direct support through the channels you advertise. Can we please get some advice on how to address this?

Thanks Darren

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DarrenLise wrote:

We just purchased a Arlo Pro 4 wire-free HD security system from a local reputable store and we cannot get the cameras to sync with the base station. We have been unable to get direct support through the channels you advertise. Can we please get some advice on how to address this?

There some things you can try here: https://kb.arlo.com/000039094/My-Arlo-camera-will-not-sync-with-my-SmartHub-or-base-station-how-can-...

Support is reached through https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx