Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera and iPhone app issues

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Dan050812
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just installed 3 Arlo Pro cameras last week and everything was working great. I was able to connect on my phone and view live feeds. We all received an email about changing our password about a day ago and all of a sudden I have had a ton of issues. My third camera is constantly going offline (I tried restarting everything with no luck). I’ve been unable to view live feeds on the cameras since the password change and now as of this morning, the app is crashing every time I open it.

I delete the app, reinstall, get to the main screen, try to view a live feed, third camera shows an old view and then goes offline, and then app crashes. I turn phone off and on, reopen app, app crashes. Also, my third camera is already at 55% battery life while the other two are in the 90% range.

Running app on IPhone X with Verizon LTE. Home WiFi is Comcast. App says it’s up to date. I’m assuming the firmware on system is up to date as well (I don’t know how to check).

I paid like $400 for this system on Amazon last week and I am already having issues. Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello @Dan050812

Are you using FaceID on your iPhoneX? There appears to be a known issue with this feature causing some apps to crash. We are working on this issue on our end, however, disabling this feature in the meantime should resolve the issue with your app crashing.

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you attempted a reboot of the base unit ( power button off-on ) ?

If that doesn't work/make any change, before you go farther, I would test your system on a computer ( to eliminate the posssible phone issue ) as it may not be your end.... https://arlo.netgear.com/ ( use your email/pw you do now )

If it works on the computer, then the phone is somehow causing and issue... will wait for a reply before advising more

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Dan050812
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried the reboot last night and today. I finally just removed the side camera. I will check back when I’m done work and am able to get the camera resynced.
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello @Dan050812

Are you using FaceID on your iPhoneX? There appears to be a known issue with this feature causing some apps to crash. We are working on this issue on our end, however, disabling this feature in the meantime should resolve the issue with your app crashing.

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary

Hi

i think his is an app issue, as if you log in online on a computer I bet all your cameras are perfectly working and online!!

i have a second base station as since 2.5 update the second base is showing as offline when it’s not! A real pain as if messing up my geo fencing and can’t view all the cameras to the second base!!! I do have an iPhone X with firmware 11.3.1

pancholy17
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issue. All cameras work on computer as well as on my wife's Iphone 8. However on my Iphone X cameras linked to second base always say "offline". How do we let netgear know about this issue so they can update app?

Dan050812
Aspirant
Aspirant
It appears Face ID on the iPhone X was causing the issue as mentioned above. I accepted it as a solution because since I turned Face ID off in the app, it has been working fine. I just have to re sync the one camera now because I removed it prior to this solution. It was always saying offline.
pancholy17
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have Face ID off and still have same issue. I have a never used Face ID on my phone.