Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tsg1970
Tutor
Tutor
Why can I see myself on my feed, but there is no recording? I
10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using live view to see yourself? Recording is disabled when using live view. You can manual record at those times.

Tsg1970
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, I realize that..but I am saying I can see myself on the live view, but it doesn't record when I am not on live view
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check what mode is selected in the Mode tab (select your base to see).  The running man for your camera in the Devices tab should be black, not gray. If everything looks good, try increasing your sensitivity in your modes/rules.  Also make sure you're not trying to capture a large view with the camera - just focus on the actual area of concern.  Post a screenshot for suggestions.

Tsg1970
Tutor
Tutor
Ok..the running man is outlined not solid black...im just not getting any movement activation....im disappointed so far
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If not solid black, it's not armed. Check your modes in the Mode tab to verify that you have an appropriate mode selected.

Tsg1970
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat wrote:

Check what mode is selected in the Mode tab (select your base to see).  The running man for your camera in the Devices tab should be black, not gray. If everything looks good, try increasing your sensitivity in your modes/rules.  Also make sure you're not trying to capture a large view with the camera - just focus on the actual area of concern.  Post a screenshot for suggestions.

IMG_1092.PNG

Tsg1970
Tutor
Tutor

If the camera does detect movement, it is behind most of the time, I get no video, but when I go live I can see myself walking etc...got to be something small

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see the iage yet.  However, you didn't say whether you checked your modes since you did say that the running man is not solid black.  Without the camera being armed, it will never record when motion is detected.

Tsg1970
Tutor
Tutor
It records...i may see a image for a second, then it goes out of view
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If I understand correctly, the lag time for the camera to set up a connection to the server is the issue.  That requires proper positioning (your screenshots generally look ok but may need some fine tuning) and/or sensitivity settings. There will always be lag with these cameras so  work on making sure the motion is well and properly detected (motion across the FOV at a distance of no more than about 20 feet).