Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
MDZCondo
Tutor
Tutor

One of my 4 Arlo Pro cameras is doing a firmware upgrade (flashing blue/amber).  Problem is, its been doing this for at least 20 minutes.  Also, the Arlo website indicated that firmware upgrades should happen 3-5am.  It is currently 3pm EST.

Any thoughts on what to do?  Everywhere I read say NOT to interrupt the camera upgrade/take out battery/etc....

3 REPLIES 3
MDZCondo
Tutor
Tutor

UPDATE:   Over 2 hours and the camera is still updating.  I think its stuck in a loop.....

However, it looks like all my cameras (including the stuck one) are at latest Firmware.  So not sure its REALLY updating to anything.  Do I let the battery die and charge it?  This is the second time in a week this has happened to this 1 camera

MDZCondo
Tutor
Tutor

Update 2: Battery died since it tried to update the (already updated) firmware.  Plugged camera inside to wall outlet - still blinking blue/amber.  Called Tech Support for return authorization since the camera itself seems messed up.  

Should be getting a replacement due to camera being killed by 'corrupted firmware' .  Tech support says I will get an email in 24 hours giving me instructions on returning the old camera / recieving the new one.  I am hopeful that is truly the case and will update this thread with new info as I get it, for those that also had this issue.

MDZCondo
Tutor
Tutor

RMA process got completed and a new camera was sent to me.  Sadly, it must be a refurbished unit as the motion detection does not work at all.  I am working with Support to see if I need to start a new RMA for this replacement camera (and pay out of pocket AGAIN to ship it back).  Glad the RMA process works, disappointed the replacement was DOA.