Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Marthandk
Star
Star

HI I am a new user to Arlo Pro. Initially i thought this will record continuously to cloud for 7days and i just realized that the recording will happen based motion detection. Thru the list of discussions on community i got to know that we can not record in WD Home cloud system. Is there any option for me to record continuously at least for one camera. Is there any other product which allows to record continuously and which can be used with Arlo pro base station. Please suggest. Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Neither will record locally to your WD My Cloud. Even cvr recording gets stored in the arlo/netgear cloud. However the Q Plus and the Pro 2 support local backup storage when you connect a usb drive to the base. The plain Q doesn't do local backup storage. All have to be used indoors and be plugged in for the CVR feature.

As to which to choose, depends on how much you want to spend and what features you need. The Pro 2 has the most features like being wireless, activity zones, and 3 second look back, but if your going to use it in a cvr configuration then the last two features probably aren't that important. The Q Plus is a POE (power over ethernet) camera. If you want wired Q Plus, if you want wireless, Pro 2. Probably best to click on the products link at the top of the page and check out the features of the Pro 2, Q Plus, and Q to see what best fits your needs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro2 will record continuously on the CVR ( paid option ) while plugged into ac power... and it will use the base unit.

Other two are the Q camera and Arlo Baby which do not use the base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Just to add........here's the link to the subscription plans which includes CVR:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/subscription-plans.aspx

Marthandk
Star
Star
As i already purchased Arlo pro and if i need CVR either i need to upgrade to Pro 2 which i dont want to do it now as i need to spend more money or i need to buy Q Camera which will work as independent unit. is my understanding correct
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

A pro 2 camera will work with the pro base. So you could just buy one pro 2 camera if you only need/want one cvr camera and connect it to your existing base. Or you can buy a Q.

Marthandk
Star
Star
Oh Got it.. if i buy pro 2 camera or Q camera can i save the data locally (WD My cloud) by any way. So which one you suggest for me to buy pro 2 or Q
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Neither will record locally to your WD My Cloud. Even cvr recording gets stored in the arlo/netgear cloud. However the Q Plus and the Pro 2 support local backup storage when you connect a usb drive to the base. The plain Q doesn't do local backup storage. All have to be used indoors and be plugged in for the CVR feature.

As to which to choose, depends on how much you want to spend and what features you need. The Pro 2 has the most features like being wireless, activity zones, and 3 second look back, but if your going to use it in a cvr configuration then the last two features probably aren't that important. The Q Plus is a POE (power over ethernet) camera. If you want wired Q Plus, if you want wireless, Pro 2. Probably best to click on the products link at the top of the page and check out the features of the Pro 2, Q Plus, and Q to see what best fits your needs.