Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Buying extra Arlo Pro cameras 2x 4+ base vs 1 base with 8 cams

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
chr1z28
Follower
Follower

I see the Arlo Pro Base with 4 Arlo Pro Cameras is $649.99

Additional Arlo Pro cameras are $189.99 each.

So the first 4 cameras (including base) comes to $162.50 each

Is there any difference in just buying 2 base stations and running 4 on each vs running 8 off of one base?  I'd need to plan on $9.99/mo for either right since it's based on total # of cams on one account?  Is viewing them the same on one vs 2 base stations from the app?

OR... is there a bundle of 2, 4 etc Arlo Pro cameras only I didn't see perhaps?  Just not understanding why 4 + base is cheaper than just 4 cameras alone.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

chr1z28,

With either combination (1 base and 8 cameras, 2 bases/4cameras each) will require a subscription plan (Premier or higher) to support viewing the additional cameras past 5. Additional base stations can be added regardless of the subscription plan.

There are benefits to having multiple base stations. You can have each base in a different location but both on the same account (for example: 1 base/4cameras in house A and 1 base/4 cameras in house B and all cameras viewable from a single account). Additionally, some users use multiple base stations in the same location when they need to spread the cameras over a large area and 1 base cannot provide enough signal strength to cover the entire area.

The variety of kits offer flexibility to the user, allowing you to purchase the kit that best suits your needs.

For more information on Arlo Pro camera kits, see here: Arlo Pro The world’s first and only 100% wire-free, weatherproof, rechargeable HD smart security cam...

I hope this helps,

JamesC