Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
lcjdot
Follower
Follower

Every 1-2 minutes or less, once the sun went down today, something, and I am guessing bugs are setting off one of our cameras.  Both are under the eaves.  The other camera is not experiencing this.  

The battery will drain at this rate.  This is ridiculous.  We have replaced a camera and we cannot get this issue resolved without turning off the IR and this is the one camera where we don't want to do that.

Anyone else experiencing this?  I have already turned the sensitivity down to literally 3 out of 100.

Here is the shared link: https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/8AFD6F24FFD726AD_201612 

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't think its the flying bugs so much as the spider and web on the camera ( left side ).... Spider webs DO make the camera trigger off a lot if not kept clean and thats why you see the bugs.

You can also adjust the sense level if need be

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I have had crawling bugs and spider webs trigger my cameras too. Now I spray insect barrier all around them and the problem has been greatly reduced

SecureDaughter
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same! Nothing like a 3:30 am notification panic thinking someone is on your mother's porch and then greeted by a spider, 😡😥
SecureDaughter
Aspirant
Aspirant