Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Apprentice
Apprentice
I don't use night vision due to adequate external lighting (motion lights) but as a deterrent I turn on the fully charged LED indicator. My cam runs on AC so it's always charged and shows sonin the app as well. Theorwtically the LED light should stay on at all times but I noticed it actually doesn't when the app shows it should still be on. Is there a reason for this?
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

it could be from the battery being fully charged and the internal charger cycling on-off and the battery just dropping 1% or so now and then.

Remember that in the camera, the battery does not really receive a full 100% charge but really only goes to 80% ( tho it reads full ) so the battery isn't damaged by always being on charge

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks that's helpful. After further time consuming troubleshooting, I determined that when Arlo has their outage even if it's for one second the light will turn off yet the app will incorrectly show it as on. Another incompetent coding error on Arlo's part. You seem to be an Arlo insider so please relay it to them. They think other customers don't know what they are doing. They are dead wrong and one day when that rate of sales growth stalls due to this kind of error and terrible customer service resulting in the stock trading in the single digits karma would have done it's job.