Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Shepherds56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thinking of buying a 6 camera Arlo Pro system, concerned about connectivity range...understand max 300 feet between camera and base station, but concerned about interior/exterior walls etc. obstructing signal strength. Would it be advisable to buy a 1 camera unit first and check placements of all areas then buy add on cameras? or just get the 6 camera unit (looks less on the pocket$$). What about returns?

3 REPLIES 3
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Shepherds56 wrote:

Would it be advisable to buy a 1 camera unit first and check placements of all areas then buy add on cameras? or just get the 6 camera unit (looks less on the pocket$$). What about returns?

I would just get the 6 camera kit. Most returns ranges from 15-90 days depending on Stores where you bought it from. I bought mine from Costco so I get 90-days no hassle guarantee. Also, just a heads up, make sure you create a new Account for this 6-cam kit to enjoy the free Subscription from Arlo netgear. 

Shepherds56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply, I've read (who really knows) that if you buy a 6 camera unit (or any system with more than one camera) that if one camera messes up you have to return the whole system (can't just return/replace faulty camera)

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

True.. but you don't have to.. you can just contact Arlo Netgear and am sure they'll be happy to help and replace only the cam that's having an issue. I know it's going to be a pain to return 6 cam kit but don't assume that 1-cam kit will have identical results when you install the 6 cam kit. Goodluck!