Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery will not charge when using dual charger or cord

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Yo23
Follower
Follower

Battery will not charge bought a dual charger and still nothing I don’t know if it the cord or battery itself

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Yo23,

If your battery is not charging when plugging the AC adapter to the camera or with the dual charger, I would suggest contacting the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

DumbleWorf
Initiate
Initiate

Hi Arlo Team
I have 4 Arlo Security cameras, and all 4 have the same issue... None of them will charge properly.
Before you say the charge cable is at fault, I have charged 2 different cellphones on the cable/plug and had no issues.
When plugging into the Arlo plug, with the white supplied arlo cable, the Arlo camera lights up blue to suggest it is charging.
Leaving it for over 4 hours, I tested and it was still charging, I left it a further 4 hours and checked.. still showed as charging!
I disconnected it and checked the App, the app synched to my base and told me "it's time to charge your battery."
I've had the devices less than 2 years (since Decemeber 2017) and all 4 of them have had the same issue.
Charging them up until now has been touch and go at the best of times. I've tried the plug provided and the cable provided.  Worried the charger was damaged I tested on just one of the cameras a standard USB 2.0-USB micro cable using a the arlo plug and that also lit the lights on the camera and looked to be charging.  But once again the App says the camera needs charging, and if I activate the alarm etc and move in front of the camera it does not record. 
Pretty upset that your site says the warrantee is only 1 year, given a device should surely last for longer than that.
Mobile phones last longer than that and they get thrown about, the cameras just sit there doing very little =(.
Please advise what I can do to have them looked at.