Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Chase84
Guide
Guide

I have had a case open now with Arlo for over a MONTH. I used to be in the beta program but asked to be removed as I just could not commit to it anymore. Since asking to be removed, the issues I was having went anyway and new ones started. My first case was closed because I couldn't do all of the troubleshooting they wanted within 7 days with all the charging I needed to do. My second case it is sometimes WEEKS before I get a reply. The level of service this company is providing is beyond pathetic. If I were using the free only service, sure however, I am actually paying for this garbage.

I have finally proved though that its is an issue with the firmware. Yesterday the two cameras I usually have the issue with were dead. I charged them both to 100%. One I put up where it goes on the first floor where we are ALL day. Moving around contentiously, etc. The other camera is also on the first floor and views the same space but from another angle. I point it at the wall so it sees no movement at all. In 24 hour the one with the full view is already at 85% while the other is still at 100%. Thus proving that even though the camera's are "off" and the system is "disarmed" they are still detecting motion. 0 Video's have been recorded and they NEVER are on those cameras (unless someone would break in). 

I am getting no where with this company and I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if they have had other issues that they had a hard time getting resolved and how they finally did get it resolved. I am literally at my last ditch point here. This is either resolved by the end of the week or we cancel out subscription and go to a new system entirely while spreading the horrible gospel that is Netgear/Arlo.

I am an IT guy by trade so I am pretty well versed in this kind of things. I swapped batteries with a known good working camera two weeks ago and its still at 100%. Just while writing this one of the camera's already dropped another 1% because someone is down there walking around.  I am sure whoever is reading this can sense my frustration.  I have rebooted the base station multiple times. I have removed and re-added those cameras. Any troubleshooting you can think of, I have done. 

Basestation firmware: 1.16.2.5_3508_62dfaa0

Cameras Firmware: 1.092.0.25_24_986

Current case: 41842906 (Opened July 31)

First case: 41816609 (Opened July 15, 2020)

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chase84 wrote:

One I put up where it goes on the first floor where we are ALL day. Moving around contentiously, etc.

Contentiously, eh?  🙂

The first thing I would do would be to swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or the location. If it turns out to be the location, it can be caused by nearby wireless interference on the 2.4GHz band and/or poor signal strength due to house construction, objects on or in the walls between the camera and base, etc.  If it's the camera, things get sticky since it would seem that you're using beta equipment which has no support outside of the beta environment. You can use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they have suggestions but they won't be able to replace a faulty camera. If these are purchased cameras, that's a different story and you have the warranty to be able to replace the camera. You may have to keep pestering support but a warranty replacement is possible.

Chase84
Guide
Guide

Four paragraphs and you pick out the spelling mistake. LOL

The camera's have been swapped around as have the batteries. The two cameras in question are line of sight to the Alro base station with nothing between them at all. One is 4 feet from it. There are no other 2.4GHz networks in the house and we're on a 2 acre lot so there is no other interference. To be certain I checked with a signal analyzer. 

The equipment is not beta equipment. I was in a beta program for a bit testing firmware for them. Maybe they didn't like me opting out and this is my punishment. I do not know how long the warranty period is and the receipt is long gone by now. You would think they could tell with their own serial numbers. 

As for support... I still have no reply to my open case. LOL

A little over 48 hours after a full charge the camera positioned as normal is at 30% battery with 0 recordings. Just movement on the first floor all day. The other face to the wall is still at 100%. So again, this is an issue with the camera picking up motion even though it is off and the base is disarmed and a lack of support. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Chase84

May I ask for the case number you have assigned to this issue?

Chase84
Guide
Guide

Current case: 41842906 (Opened July 31)

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Chase84

I have escalated your case & support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Your escalations number is: 41925231

Onno-Karl
Tutor
Tutor
Since two weeks the batteries of my Arlo Pro Cameras must be charges one time/week.
Before this happened, the cameras can be used around four to five months with one time charge.
This problem was already mostly discussed in early 2018 and fixed around two months later with new firmware.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Onno-Karl

Please contact the Support Team to investigate your battery drain issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.