Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries dead - wont recharge - using arlo charger

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
userincanada
Aspirant
Aspirant

Public help, please.

Arlo rechargeable batteries used once and wont recharge once draining. 

I used a certified arlo charger, and the service support said the only option was that the charger was faulty.  They sent a new charger.  The batteries (all 4) still wont charge using the new charger Arlo supplied.  

I'm reluctant to shell another 300 for 4 new batteries if this is a chronic issue.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the FAQ here on how to get totally dead batteries revived?

userincanada
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you TomMac, Jgerdat,

I've gone through those steps already, to no avail, but despite repeated attempts over a few days it's still not working.

Online chat support also walked me through many of the challenges (they were a breath of fresh air on this, as they worked through troubleshooting in a patient procedural manner).  None of the steps could manage to get any of the cameras to 'lightning bolt' status (charging).  They are sending out a working camera to test my batteries in, and to assist in troubleshooting whether it's the cameras (all 4?) or the batteries (again, all 4?).

This is a great product besides this particular issue, if only this issue wasn't so critical.  That said, the service and support thus far has been at a tier much higher than I expected, here's hoping for a successful resolution.

thank you again for your prompt replies, I will post an update once we have more info.

userincanada
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update:

Phone support was helpful - to a point - and has now disappeared.

They did their best to resolve the issue, spending hours on the phone trying to figure out what the issue was.  Frustrating, to be honest, that I needed to spend this volume of hours on this product.  Had I valued my time accordingly I've already spent more time on this than buying a competitor and replacing the lot.

The issue seemed resolved, once they finally accepted that the batteries weren't being charged by their supplied charger, and they sent out two new batteries.

- support first sent out a replacement charger.  No change in failure to charge.

- support then sent out 2 battery replacements to test to see if there was a change.  After a month delay the batteries arrived and they seemed to work - displayed a charge icon.

- I asked support to send out 2 more batteries to replace the others in the set, and they've since disappeared.

- it's been months since they disappeared, with multiple emails and requests to follow up on my ticket ignored.

- today, I plugged in the two cameras (with the new batteries, now depleted and needing a charge) and neither of them are charging again.

Final update - it's clear the cameras are faulty.  I've diligently and in good faith invested dozens of hours into a solution (and to be fair the tech support has done their best to try and troubleshoot, but since they've disappeared it seems they are resolved to let the issue die).

I'm writing today on these forums in hopes that the company will finally respond and address the issue, otherwise I'll begin reluctantly researching comparable products to replace them with.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey userincanada,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information since you mentioned that you haven't heard back from the support team.