Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DC-Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got 3 sets of arlo, in three different locations with a bunch of cams.

I use 3 phones (2 iphones and one android) to monitor through app.

This is ths scenario: (Case1)

Basestation 1 (the oldest)

only reachable from one iphone, the rest of the phones say that the basestation is offline. 

From the working phone I can perform anything i want to. From the other phones the base is offline.

NO recording occurs from this basestation. 

YES i did the reset, same result.

PLEASE ADVICE!!! ASAP!!!

Basestation 2: (Case2)

Everything works just fine but the notices are a bit slow. Before there was immediate notifications, now it can be about 1-2minutes after......

PLEASE ADVICE!

Basestation 3:

Works just fine.

Everything is connected to wire directly to the routers, fiberconnection of a minimum of 250Mb/s both up an down. Same result after changing routers. So there is something with the Arlosystems... same model of basestations , same setup, same firmware (latest) .

I just noticed that on the working Iphone case1 above the only basestation visible in app, is the one that is working. the rest is not visible. 

PLEASE ADVICE!

18 REPLIES 18
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DC-Sweden wrote:

I got 3 sets of arlo, in three different locations with a bunch of cams.

I use 3 phones (2 iphones and one android) to monitor through app.

How many accounts are you using?

What are you seeing with https://my.arlo.com?

DC-Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

normally one account per phone.  only one "main account" .

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DC-Sweden wrote:

normally one account per phone.  only one "main account" .

Ok.  Is everything working ok from the main account via https://my.arlo.com ?

DC-Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, everything is working fine at the webpage arlo.com, from the main account,

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DC-Sweden wrote:

yes, everything is working fine at the webpage arlo.com, from the main account,

Ok.  Have you tried revoking access and then re-granting it for two phone accounts that aren't working?

DC-Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

no i have not. but that is the same phone wich has the problems... so what happens if i revoke?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DC-Sweden wrote:

that is the same phone wich has the problems... 

Are you saying that a phone using the main account is seeing the first base station as offline?

DC-Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, correct.

DC-Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

so your idea is to delete the offline base, from the phone that is not working. and hope it starts up again? or that the config still stays ?  the system is about 400km from me.... so I can not just do this remotely if something happenes.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DC-Sweden wrote:

so your idea is to delete the offline base, from the phone that is not working.

No, that wasn't the idea.   I was saying to regrant access to any secondary accounts - under the assumption that the phone was using a secondary account.

But it's not.  I don't recommend deleting the base, as you would need to be local to add it back.

Since the main account is working correctly from the web client, the issue appears to be the app on that phone.

DC-Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

same thoughts then! yes it is something inside the app. but I don't dare to do anything......

DC-Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

*UPDATE*

I have not noticed this before so probably there is no difference.

On the phone that says that this basestation is offline, does NOT SHOW any films in the librabry (from this offline basestation). If/When I start the other phone where everything is visible and the basestation is online, the films are there and no problem to show them either.

In my world, can there be any kind of permission or something like that ?

but to deny this, the masterunit is not showing, and the "slavenit" is showing....

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DC-Sweden wrote:

but to deny this, the masterunit is not showing, and the "slavenit" is showing....

The master account should of course have all the permissions, and should see all the base stations and cameras that are on that account.

One thing that would be safe to try - that is, uninstalling the app on the phone, and then re-installing it.

DC-Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

@DC-Sweden wrote:

The master account should of course have all the permissions, and should see all the base stations and cameras that are on that account.

One thing that would be safe to try - that is, uninstalling the app on the phone, and then re-installing it.

I have already done that, no difference.

UPDATE again

Arlo support told me this:

delete the basestation from phone that has problems. after deleting make a new share from the "no problem phone".

The assured me nothing will happen.....

RESULT: CAMERAS dissappear (the one 400km away of course) , basestation is reachable, but no visual at all. I can NOT share with another account beqause tere is nothing to share...

*F***K

DC-Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

ALSO My Arlo subscription is killed now....  so now I have nothing... again..

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DC-Sweden wrote:

RESULT: CAMERAS dissappear (the one 400km away of course) , basestation is reachable, but no visual at all.

Ouch. I was afraid of that outcome, which is why I didn't recommend trying that earlier.

DC-Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

#Metoo ..... And i told them, but they guarranteed this Would not happen......

This is really😩

DC-Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

*UPDATE* 

since the first supportperson did not reply within 24hours, I contacted the support on chat again. The only reply I get now is that you need to resync  the cameras again.... 400 kilometers away... 5 hours by car...  and they did not take any responsability for their actions. So they KILLED the phone working, so now there is nothing, they also KILLED the subscription ..... so when I travel to get this setup again, I need to get a new subscription and pay again...

NOW I AM PISSED OFF.

They said , they had no rights to change my account, and they did not change anything, so it is my responsability...

I am really thinking of what I should do with my system now... 3 basestations, 15 cameras... there are companies that are interrested in keeping their customers.