Base station vmb4000 wont reconnect

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Snydebj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo app forced me to update on 12/6/22. After updating all my devices were offline even though base station had 3 green LED. Tried reconnecting and it wouldn’t find the devices. Tried rebooting still nothing. Reset to factory settings and removed all devices to start over but won’t find anything, base station, cameras or doorbell. Tried chatting with support and get nowhere. Even tried to purchase a subscription to be able to use phone support but on checkout it asks to click “agree to terms of service” but there’s no button to click! Won’t let me even purchase! I’ve had Arlo for years and no problems now I literally can’t even get help from them or use a single device. Really disappointed 

5 REPLIES 5
Briney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.  I feel your pain.  I have used Arlo for a few years now and have always encountered problems of one kind or another during those years.  Currently, my Arlo VMB4000 and 3x Arlo Pro cameras are showing as offline.  I have 3 green lights on the base station and I know my internet is connected ok. To get it working again, I removed the base station from my account.  Reset it (10s with a pin in the reset hole) and then added a new device using the Android mobile app.  I then had to add the 3 cameras again using the app and reset button on each camera.  Then I had to setup my Armed mode again.

Luckily all seems ok again.  This is just the latest in a long run of software glitches I have experienced with Arlo.  I think the hardware is good, but the software is extremely flaky.  There is not even a warning or notification from Arlo or the app to inform me that the system is offline.  One day I will need it to do its job and it will let me down.  It has cost me a lot of money to buy this system, so I would expect reliability from it.  I have now reached the end of my tether with Arlo and will start to look for a more reliable (and most likely cheaper) alternative.  Any suggestions for a suitable system will be gladly received.  It must also integrate well with Smartthings.  Cheers and good luck.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Snydebj,

After removing did you also factory reset following these instructions? Was the LED behavior described in the following article successful?

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

JamesC

Snydebj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies! I actually finally got a response from customer service and the problem was something about the new app update interface but my base station was using old interface? All I needed to do was click “Add security system”(even though I don’t have that product) instead of “Add base station” and go through the prompts. After that my base station was all of a sudden discoverable. Added it and the cameras and doorbell added just fine after that. 

Zamboni88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same unit and the same problems. 
I tried everything listed and still it won’t find my base. 
I also tried the other user’s way of trying to connect using install security device but it asks for a ar which I don’t have. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled as another attempt. 
nothing has worked so far. 
my leds are green green yellow(cameras). 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the Camera LED is solid amber, that means the base needs to be claimed. To do so you must remove it (and any devices connected to it) from your account. Then you can claim it again as if new.