Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
daddydg
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station and camera are showing offline on the app and website, but I'm still getting real time alerts and videos. I can't control the base station or cameras or get live stream.

What's wrong and how do I fix it?

7 REPLIES 7
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

This has been a common complaint going back months on the forum.

The arlo moderation team can perform a backend sync to resolve.

tag @ShayneS , @JamesC, @BrookeN 

daddydg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  I’d seen people with similar issues in prior threads but no definitive solution. 

i hope someone from Arlo offers to help me. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

When I suffer the dreaded offline condition, usually after a base station firmware update. I power cycle the base station and wait half an hour for the arlo servers to allow the equipment to reconnect.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just a note, the backend sync is generally for those whose cameras are not recording. The OP states he is getting alerts and recordings so the sync may not be the fix. 

Rebooting the base may help but I'd also try other phones as well as the web client (my.arlo.com) on a computer browser to see if the issue is consistent.

daddydg
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base station and cameras are showing offline on my wife’s phone and on the web client. 

I’ll try rebooting the base station but am open to any other thoughts in the meantime. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@daddydg 

The devices appear online for you and offline for your shared access account?

daddydg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I power off the base station then restarted it and my problem is solved. Thanks for all the suggestions.