Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dwahl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo base station falls offline frequently after switch to a cable company provided gateway. When I had the base station connected to my 6 year old wireless g Netgear router I never had an issue at all. Now when connected to the gateway it will drop offline semi frequently, sometimes after a few days sometimes after a few hours. I do not have access to ANY settings on the gateway, I have to have the cable company make any changes. After speaking with them we reserved the IP the base station had pulled by MAC address. It lasted almost a week and dropped offline again today. Any suggestions? I will have to go at my cable company with a list, they don't seem to have any ideas even though I'm fairly certain it is an issue with their equipment.
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Who is the ISP? I've been able to walk into a local office and swap equipment.  I also bought my own modem - any reason you went with the ISP's?

Dwahl
Aspirant
Aspirant
My isp is Armstrong cable, not a big one it's Western PA and eastern Ohio only I believe. Their new system is called exp, it's TiVo. More recording capabilities plus all TV's connected to one box and believe it or not $40 a month cheaper.