Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
mistermog
Aspirant
Aspirant
So today after a week or so things went weird. First I couldn't log into my account, it said there was an unexpected error. Then about 2 hours later, I can log in but the Internet and cams lights on my base are orange and I can't see anything in my account, my devices are gone and I can't reconnect them because the Internet communication isnt working.

Again everything was set up and working for over a week now and then issues out of the blue.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mistermog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine was off past midnight last night (9 hours down) and this morning I woke up to green internet and things working now. I reset the base last night like an idiot and had to take down and resync all my cameras, but other than that all good now.

sounds like it was a problem with their servers yesterday

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
tlite
Aspirant
Aspirant

Funny that you say this.....I have the same issue just today!

mistermog wrote:
So today after a week or so things went weird. First I couldn't log into my account, it said there was an unexpected error. Then about 2 hours later, I can log in but the Internet and cams lights on my base are orange and I can't see anything in my account, my devices are gone and I can't reconnect them because the Internet communication isnt working.

Again everything was set up and working for over a week now and then issues out of the blue.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It's not you.  The issue is system wide.  It started this morning and has not been fixed yet.

tlite
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow.. I just purchased this system. This isnt a good first impression! Thanks for the update!

hokeysmoke wrote:

It's not you.  The issue is system wide.  It started this morning and has not been fixed yet.

Loughner
Tutor
Tutor

It would be nice if they posted on the announcement page the estimated time of fixing this issue.  I have been on hold for 30 minutes.  I have tried all of the rebooting steps.  Have not had any issues until today.

Graco_S
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does anyone have an update to this? Why is there not an acknowledgement from arlo?
smackattack
Initiate
Initiate

Wow, this is total BS. I just wasted an hour dicking around with this pos. How nice of netgear not to announce a complete outage to one of their services. Just. Awesome.

capnbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is not system wide . I have two systems , one is fine the other is f----- . Internet and camera light are amber . If I power down then up , it does nothing

Luistorres344
Initiate
Initiate
I was getting an error when i tried to sign in this afternoon. Base system still showing amber light for internet and cams and its 11:30 pm. Has anyone fixed the issue or is it a arlo server/system that went down??
lebroncj
Aspirant
Aspirant
They said to check back after two hours two hours ago....
22:53 pst
Luistorres344
Initiate
Initiate
My internet light shows green now but now when i try to log in again its telling me the authentication service is currently down just like yeterday afternoon. Smh
capnbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

now internet light is green but camera light still amber . I have tried to sync but still amber . Shows all cameras and I can view vids from yesterday but all cams say your arlo device is off line .

mistermog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine was off past midnight last night (9 hours down) and this morning I woke up to green internet and things working now. I reset the base last night like an idiot and had to take down and resync all my cameras, but other than that all good now.

sounds like it was a problem with their servers yesterday

lebroncj
Aspirant
Aspirant
mine still not working.
camera still shows amber.
Arlo Pro
lebroncj
Aspirant
Aspirant

removed all my devices from arlo account, and then redo setup again works now

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Arlo Community,

As you may have seen, we have posted an update that this issue should now be resolved. We will continue to provide updates to that discussion as they become available. However, if you are still experiencing any issues related to the Base Station offline issue please feel free to reach out to me via private message and I'll be happy to continue troubleshooting this issue until it is resolved.  

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.