Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station is offline still sends notification, not recording

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
tlsmith1000
Guide
Guide

We have been having power issues lately. The power will flicker or go out for (usually) less than a minute. When this happens my base unit will often show as off line. A reboot has so far always corrected this. My question is, how is it that I still get notifications of movement detected by the cameras? I check the library and there is nothing new, but I did receive a notification. I didn't think the camera could send a notification if the base unit was off line.

7 REPLIES 7
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

The delayed response sometimes does this. 

tlsmith1000
Guide
Guide

If that was the case then the delay is at 6 hours plus. I had a notification at 6:10 this morning and the video isn't in the library yet.

tlsmith1000
Guide
Guide

Also, to be clear, the base unit has been offline since about 5:30 this morning. I've had about 10 notifications since then. The base is still offline and no cameras available. The library only shows videos prior to 5:30.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

got me... but I would recommend a small ups for your base unit if you have many short term outages.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
tlsmith1000
Guide
Guide

Funny you shoould say that, I was just on Best Buy's web site checking out an APC UPS. About $180. It won't keep things running for more than about 10 to 15 minutes (PC, monitor, router, Arlo) but it should elliminate the nuisance outages.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not true. I have a 750VA UPS that lasts for many hours and costs less than$100. Runs the modem, router and base.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

tlsmith1000 wrote:

Funny you shoould say that, I was just on Best Buy's web site checking out an APC UPS. About $180. It won't keep things running for more than about 10 to 15 minutes (PC, monitor, router, Arlo) but it should elliminate the nuisance outages.

run time depends a lot on the current draw... if you just use the base and route/modem , it will run a long time.

don't need the PC and monitor if your remote and/or need alerts

Morse is faster than texting!