Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station (Arlo Pro) went offline and I'm away from home. Can I re-boot while away from home?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dstoneyg
Follower
Follower

My Arlo Pro base station went offline while I was away from home. Is there anything I can do when away from home to reboot the base station?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming it's really offline (the LEDs on the base indicate this) and not a display issue, no, you will need physical access to power cycle the base. A solution is to use both a UPS for the modem, router and base to prevent issues with loss of power (which can produce this issue) as well as a WiFi-connected switch such as a WeMo so you can remoteley turn the power off ad back on to the base.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@jguerdat wrote:

Assuming it's really offline (the LEDs on the base indicate this) and not a display issue, no, you will need physical access to power cycle the base. A solution is to use both a UPS for the modem, router and base to prevent issues with loss of power (which can produce this issue) as well as a WiFi-connected switch such as a WeMo so you can remoteley turn the power off ad back on to the base.

I power my Arlo base units though a UPS and I have a smart plug between the UPS and the Arlo power cord, so I can power cycle the device from anywhere I have Internet access.  Oddly, I have not needed to do this since I installed both of these, but I have the ability now.