Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Hello. I am posting this because I thought it might be helpful to others.
We have bean experiencing many problems the last few weeks with arlo
The base station schedule would change itself to disarmed mode - even though there was no disarmed mode in the schedule. The usb didn’t work.
We got a replacement through rma. The online rma would not process in different web browsers. Every time I hit submit it charged my credit card - 6 times - but would take me back to the rma beginning page. I couldn’t get anyone to process a refund and had to go through my credit card company.
Then now arlo pros is not working. The base station constantly goes offline. And cameras wouldn’t reconnect. We cannot re synch cameras. The app just says looking for firmware update. Arlo tech support was busy but finally got trough and was told this is a firmware problem. For the past week we were also having problems with notifications and cameras not recording any videos. But it seems the problem is also affecting cameras not being able to synch or connect to the base stations. It would be nice for arlo to explain all the symptoms of this outage firmware problem because I had to look through the message board to find out that other people are having problems where cameras won’t re synch to bass stations.
5 REPLIES 5
ditzyekko
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras aren't notifying me of anything today. I did motion test and they saw motion but they aren't recording or notifying me anymore. I've had them for a year
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
There seems to be a problem with base stations and cameras not being able to sync or connect to them and base stations not connecting to the app. It looks like there is also a problem where you cannot add a base station or a camera everything is just offline. It would be nice if arlo can verify this is an issue so people aren’t left wondering if it’s just their base stations that are the problem.
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo is experiencing system issues today.

glyphart
Aspirant
Aspirant

The update "within the hour" was mentioned 3 1/2" hours ago, with no follow up. If you guys can't keep your ship on course, at least keep people up to date about it, as promised.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

the update and status dont mention anything about arlo cameras being unable to sync with their base stations- many people are experiencing problems with video and the app- and tech support tells people to restart base stations or to do factory resets or remove and then resync when problems happen. so naturally i and alot of other people are trying to do this and finding that they cannot re sync their cameras and in my case i cannot even add the base station back. there have bean so many problems going on the last few days - some of my recordings would suddenly not play back also.  i even tried to order a new base station today because i thought the base station had a problem.  it would be great to get more information on what is the problem with the arlos now- and how we can fix it or when - it would be also nice to get some alert when the cameras or base go offline so we dont have to keep checking