Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
AgentL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Several times I have unplugged both cable for one minute, pressed on/off button, held reset for 10 seconds. All three lights turn green yet says base unit is offline. Help?! Please.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Earlier today, we experienced some technical issues with the Arlo environment and some customers may have been unable to connect to their cameras. We have restored full functionality and you should no longer be experiencing issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo Family!

JamesC

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
I get this a lot too, but have noticed the cameras still do record
RoyMilano
Tutor
Tutor

I'm Having the same issue.  The app and web interface says that i am offline.

I rebooted the base station and now the web lite is amber saying that is has no connectivity to the server. I checked my internet service and even switched the ethernet port to no avail.

looks like the arlo servers are down

Installer
Initiate
Initiate
This has happened a couple times lately. Looks like they would email you from a seperate server and tell you it's down. Its frustrating not being able to turn on/ cameras.
Cliegal
Tutor
Tutor

My system is still offline.  If they are having an issue an email headsup or a notice on the website would be nice.  I wasted a lot of time this morning trying to get the cameras and base station back online.  

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

Mine has been offline for hours now,  3 green lights,  reset still 3 green lights,  whats going on?  Can we have some info please netgear? 

Vikeologist
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue.  Arlo app said I was offline, so I rebooted the base unit, now the internet light is amber.  Now the App says 'we;re sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later.'

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

Yes I'm getting that now aswell 

Howster69
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue this morning. A notification would be nice when system is going offline. Any idea when service will be restored?
Hunter1974
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Amber internet light. Any idea of the problem?
Maggiele
Tutor
Tutor

Same here for me. Very frustrating. A message would have been nice. Anyone know what's going on?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

http://downdetector.com/status/aws-amazon-web-services/map/ shows US and UK, where our servers tend to be, are having issues.

ramilec
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello??? Anyone out there? I have tried calling the 408 phone number and it isn't working. My base goes offline then online then off again. Tried unplugging it, restarting it with no luck. I see otherts are having this same problem.  I call Gearhead support and they are not able to connect me to Arlo support.... phones are down or something. Is anyone there to fix this issue?? Does anyone know there is a problem?? Please respond?? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

See my post just above yours.  It was a server problem that seems to have been resolved.  Or maybe not.

AgentL
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am in CANADA.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
And you think Canada doesn't use the same transatlantic cables? The issue didn't seem to be tightly isolated.
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

Not resolved for me in UK,  this is getting near to 24hrs now for me. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Earlier today, we experienced some technical issues with the Arlo environment and some customers may have been unable to connect to their cameras. We have restored full functionality and you should no longer be experiencing issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo Family!

JamesC

OffTarget
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm still having these issues and would like this resolve, I've only had the system for less than 1 week, not thinking I made a good purchase

Thanks
AgentL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just restarted again. I'm still having issues
Maggiele
Tutor
Tutor

Not resolved for me either (Canada).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

OffTarget, AgentL, Maggiele

What is the LED behavior on your base station? Consider unplugging the power to your base station for around 30 seconds, plug back in and try again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

AgentL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I actually unplugged the power and Ethernet for 1 min. Held in the tiny reset button for 10 secs. The 3 lights turn all green but continues to say my base station is offline. Tried several times.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AgentL,

If the reset button was held, that results in a factory reset of the base station and you will need to add the base station back to your account. Log into your account and remove all Devices under Settings > My Devices. After the devices have been removed, log back in and click the "Add Device" button, select base station and follow the on screen prompts. Your cameras will also need to be resynced.

JamesC

Maggiele
Tutor
Tutor

It's fine and dandy to advise to reset, however that doesn't help if you are not there, which is one of the reasons for having the cameras in the first place.