Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Will Not Update

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ricky8744
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought the single camera unit about a year ago and only got it hooked up a couple of months ago due to lots of health problems. It constantly says base need firmware update. Again couldn't work with it much do to other things. Now trying to get it all working properly. Of course call help is only for 90 days after initial purchase. Tried to contact company through chat but after entering all the personal information the website does nothing! Would like to have a complete security system but don't have much confidence in what I have. Have tried the fixes I've seen on the site with no success.
1. Why won't the base update?
2. Why won't Carlos chat site work?
3. Why is Arlo scared to answer questions from customers instead of referring questions to other customers?
4. Why does the customer have to figure out what is wrong with the product they purchased.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Ricky8744,

Have you tried to reboot the base station? What firmware does it say it's running at the moment?

Ricky8744
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have tried rebooting several times and also. uninstalling the camera and the base station and reinstalling them several times. The firm.ware version is 1.8.2.3.9907. The camera works and will record motion, I can set timers etc. Just every time I pull up live view, it tells me to update, but fails every time I try.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Ricky8744

What firmware version are the cameras on? Also, what is the battery level on the camera?

Ricky8744
Aspirant
Aspirant
1.092.0.1_11504
On the device settings it shows camera battery level at 0, but no matter how long I leave it on the charger it still shows 0 charge. Is the battery defective? But the camera part seems to work fine. It picks up motion and sound if turned on. I get video recording of action, get alerts on arlo app and email. alerts. Just when it goes to live view keep getting the base station needs updating.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue. I have attached the link below for you 

Arlo Tech Support

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Your firmware is very old. Possibly too old to update from. Try removing all cameras and the base from the app. Then do a factory reset of the base. Use a pin to push the tiny button in the back of the base. Hopefully a factory reset will allow you to update to the correct firmware. For the cameras, after you sync them back up, pull the battery (no power), put battery back in, that should reset it and allow the firmware update.

Ricky8744
Aspirant
Aspirant
pc2k17 Mentor Mentor

I tried your suggestion, but still get an upgrade failure notice. Thanks for the suggestion though.