Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Will Not Connect To The Internet

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fritzschwindt
Aspirant
Aspirant

base station will not connect to internet.  I have tried factory reset with same result.  How do I get it to go?

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

what have you tried already and what service do you have for internet ( and speed if you know )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
fritzschwindt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have cable internet services.  I don't know the speed but it is not dial up speed nor the high speed service.  I have tried two locations for the internet connection - a wireless router I hooked too and a switch right off the modem.  Neither worked.  I have done th efactory reboot on the Arlo statioin and rebboted the internet modem.  Notheing works

brh
Master
Master

@fritzschwindt

Who is your internet provider?

Is your modem also a router?

Who is the Modem's manufacturer and what is the model number?

Are you using a firewall?

The answers to all of these questions are necessary for someone here to be able to help you.

Brian

fritzschwindt
Aspirant
Aspirant

The modem is a Cisco DPC3010.  It is not a router.  I get internet access through my cable company.  They have an open modem with no ports closed.  I do have my firewall turned on.

brh
Master
Master

@fritzschwindt

The Base station needs a router to work. Usually a stand alone modem, which it looks like this is, only has one Ethernet plug to be used by a router. Are you pluging the base station into this plug? You will probably need to need to purchase a router.

Brian

fritzschwindt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a wireless linksys ac1750 router and I plugged the internet connect on this device as well and it didn't work there either.  I have a switch after the modem where I plug all my internet devices into and that is where I also tried the Arlo base.  I turned off the fire wall and that did nothing.

brh
Master
Master

@fritzschwindt

Ok, I gotcha. If you have the capabilities to change settings on the router, be sure that ports 80, 123, 443 are open.

What color is the middle LED in the base showing?

Brian

brh
Master
Master
fritzschwindt
Aspirant
Aspirant

The middle light is a solid green light.  

brh
Master
Master

@fritzschwindt

I am assuming the third LED on the base is solid amber.

Solid green middle base LED means that the base is connected to the internet, so you don't need to research that problem further.

Can you log into your account on the app? If so go to Settings > My Devices and see if you can see the base. If so go to the Devices screen, Select Add Device, briefly press the sync button on the base then briefly press on the sync button on one camera. The camera light should blink blue slowly at first followed by rapid blue blinking. Don't do anything until the blue blinking has stopped. If the camera is updating firmware it will blink amber then purple for a few minutes. DO NOT REMOVE POWER to the camera or do anything else until this blinking has finished unless it continues for 20 to 30 minutes or turns solid amber which means the firmware update did not take.

Then repeat the sync processs with the other cameras one at a time.

Brian.

brh
Master
Master

@fritzschwindt

I made a mistake in my previous post. Firmware updates will cause the LEDs in the camera to flash alternately blue then amber, not purple.

Brian