Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nflyer
Tutor
Tutor

I've searched the forum and tried various suggested remedies to no avail.

I purchased a second base station because I have one camera that is the farthest from the main base station and the signal is too weak to connect the camera.  I added a NetGear wifi extender that receives and sends an excellent signal.  One foot away is the additional base station.  In the last month or so, the base station goes offline multiple times a day.  Sometime just resyncing cures the problem, other times a complete power cycle and reboot is required.  

This is going beyond frustrating as it is my front door camera.  

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on that base showing when offline?  SHould be 3 green ones.

It might be worth trying to position the base further away from the extender. I haven't had any problems but others have had success moving the base away.

nflyer
Tutor
Tutor

When working, all three LEDs green.  When offline, only Power and Camera green.  Internet LED is off.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's not a server problem - it's a bad cable or a bad port.  The bad port could be on either the base or the router. Try a new cable and a different port on the router to see if that helps. If that fails, you'll need to open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here to get a replacement.