Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
no1lion99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro with the VMB 3000 base station. I had disconnected the Arlo system in the case of setting up a new Samsung Smartthings hub and now I can't get the base station to even be discovered in the Arlo App on iPhone. 

I have tried both a reboot and a factory reset multiple times. No luck. Right now the base station is plugged in via ethernet to my router. I have a green power light, a green cloud light, and an amber camera light. Not sure what else to do?

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the first left two leds are green, attempt to sync the cameras....

The base is on and connected to the internet.

Check on a computer with a browser to see if the systme is really not functioning. ( see if it's the phone or app )

https://arlo.netgear.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
no1lion99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried on both the web and the app and the base station cannot be detected anywhere. How can I sync a camera if the base station is not being recognized in the app or web account yet? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The amber Camera LED means the base has to be claimed. Since you reset, you also need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. STart by claiming the base and then sync the cameras.

no1lion99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, claim the base station? How do I accomplish that, is it different from detecting it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Claiming = detecting. Use the Add Device button (web) or + (app) to claim the base.

no1lion99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have already tried that...which is the problem....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Press and hold the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Let it reboot to the green power and Internet LEDs and try again.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

A bit confusing but am assuming your Arlo Base is not yet connected? Is your Arlo App connected to the same network as your Base is connected? Restart your router and Base and see if it helps.. Some routers need to be restarted in order for some devices to be assigned..