Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Connection Failure After Power Outage

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nishboy70
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the second time I have had a weather anomaly (i.e. local power outage) and my Arlo base station no longer connects to the internet or cameras.  I purchased a new base station a few years ago when I thought the base station was zapped by lightning.  However, this base station is connected to a surge protector.  When all other electronics connected to the surge protector powered up with no issues, the base station continues to fail.  I have performed the power down, reset and router restart efforts to no avail.  Am I out another base station?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nishboy70
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was the combination of the hard reset, reinstallation of the base station and the removal of camera batteries with their complete recharging that allowed for a successful reboot of the system.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What is the status of the base station LED(s)

Are you seeing the base station in the attached devices list of your router?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A possibility is that the base was ready before the router. Reboot the router and base in that order to see if that helps.

Nishboy70
Aspirant
Aspirant

I performed the reboot in the order described with the same result....A periodic blinking center light with a solid amber third light indicator.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nishboy70 wrote:

I performed the reboot in the order described with the same result....A periodic blinking center light with a solid amber third light indicator.

The center light is green?

If so the amber light suggests that the cameras are not connected.  They will drain fairly quickly if they can't connect, so you might charge one, and then remove/reinsert the battery to reboot the camera.

Did you simply reboot the base, or did you do the paper-clip reset?  If you used the paper-clip reset, you'd need to remove the base from the account (if it is still there), and then onboard everything again.

Nishboy70
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was the combination of the hard reset, reinstallation of the base station and the removal of camera batteries with their complete recharging that allowed for a successful reboot of the system.  Thank you!