Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Firmware Update not processing?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jaedc
Initiate
Initiate

Today I'm getting a request to update my firmware: "A firmware update is required for your base station and camera. Let’s start with the base station." I've tried doing it from the app and from the website and both times it doesn't work, it just grays out my feeds so I can't monitor my property and tells me I need to do the update over and over again. I've also tried remotely restarting the base station. Is there anything else I can do without physically unplugging the thing?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

A couple of other uses have stated they attempted to install a non camera ( go thru the motions ) which seemed to force an update ( have no clue if it works )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jaedc
Initiate
Initiate

Interesting - thanks. I tried it and it didn't work, but it thought for several minutes and then told me it failed to update instead of just going back to the "you must upate" screen.

rang624
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the same issue as well. But to make matters worst I'm on vacation and won't be back for several days. What if an emergency occurred and I needed access to those cameras. This is totally unacceptable. They need a way to at lease allow the user access to the camera live until you can take care of the problem or FIX the error so that you can update the firmware remotely. I surprised that the company doesn't at least have a work around. I guess ARLO does view customer satification as important. VERY upsetting.