Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Auto from day to night.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MonicaS
Tutor
Tutor

I have the arlo pro and would like to see and auto from day to night without having to go in and change it everyday. I have another camera indoors atha faces out window and its part of the app.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MonicaS,

Arlo Pro will automatically turn on Night Vision mode in low light environments if the toggle is enabled (this doesn't need to be done manually). Is Night Vision what you are referring to? Can you provide more detail on what issue you are having?

JamesC

MonicaS
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC,

I Know the night vision/IR comes on automatic. I am refering to the sun toggle in live mode, if all the way up during daylite it whites everything off but when up at night it makes night vision better and I get hits of either an animal or vehicle/people going by or I should say the mak and model is more visable, if the toggle is down its darker at night and the vision of those said item are darker so all I see is the car going by but not able to see what kind. I live in a area that has no street lights so for me to catch anything at night the toggle has to be adjusted daily from bright to not.

GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

OP means the brightness adjustment. I also made a comment about this on a different thread but NG didn't acknowledge it.

Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is the reason why I installed motion detector lights, It will be nice if Arlo incorporates motion detector lights with the camera just like what Ring has done and it will be even better if both camrea and light can be solar powered. I do not know why Ring did not make their camera, motion detector lights combination not solar powered. Why can't we not get the best of both worlds. : (

MonicaS
Tutor
Tutor

I figured that could happen, Just wanted to put in my words.