Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro cameras access images into aws 3

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mandania
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, i have recently bought arlo pro security camera with its base station, If i want the access the images that are stored  somewhere by arlo (i am not sure it these images are stored in base station or somewhere else  maybe in cloud?) How would i be able to access these images? I am experimenting with amazon facial recognition and wanted to connect directly to my arlo pro and pull the images and save it on s3. Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

All videos are store on Netgears leased ( ? ) servers , not in the base ( actually servers run by Amazon )

You do not have direct access to video feed from the cameras.

To access the videos from anywhere , you can access them via a browser ( Chrome, Fire Fox ) at https://arlo.netgear.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

All videos are store on Netgears leased ( ? ) servers , not in the base ( actually servers run by Amazon )

You do not have direct access to video feed from the cameras.

To access the videos from anywhere , you can access them via a browser ( Chrome, Fire Fox ) at https://arlo.netgear.com/

mandania
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply. So I assume I can make some sort of API to the URL get the video stream ? I am not if this how it should be done.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

your going to have to run some sort of script....

@jguerdat

Jeff here had a script for auto retreival of vids... he'll prob pop in and tell you more

mandania
Aspirant
Aspirant
Very much appreciated. My aim is to save these stream into S3 bucket.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have a Python script that will download videos to a location accessible to your computer.  It requires installing Python (not hard) and doing a bit of configuration.  I have an email with all this laid out - if you want it. just PM me your email address.

mandania
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello ,

I have just PM my email.

Thanks.