Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Auto Interval Recording or CVR

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AgaricX
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 5 Pro Wire Free cameras that are on external AC power. This has worked for most of a year with no issues and I am happy with the recording quality and accessibility with the app.

However, there has been a few day/night thefts recently and my cameras SHOULD have picked up motion as people passed my house. They did not. Not one. This concerns me, as two cams are directly in that field and do pick up SOME passerbys.

I know I can ping my cams with the app and force a record, but I shouldnt have to. I want to schedule a 15 second recording every 10-30 minutes depending on time of day since I do not trust Arlo's motion sensitivity any longer.

If I needed, CVR should also be possible since my cams are on AC power, but I cannot seem to do either. I have cameras specifically to record what I want when I want to protect my home. Did I make a mistake dropping almost $1000 on this system?
3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @AgaricX

The Arlo Pro cameras have a motion detection up to 23'. Have you tried to reboot the base station & test again? What is the distance between the camera & the objects you wish to record? I have attached an article that may help with camera placement. How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

AgaricX
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reboooted the base station, repositioned cameras, made sure my lights are on all night. This is still a problem.

I need to be able to record when I want to record, either continuously or in intervals. Again, all my cameras are on AC power - no batteries. The motion detection on these appears sub-par compared to others.  See video of my NEIGHBOR's camera footage of individuals walking down my street that eventually stole a car last week.

To me, it is unacceptable to be unable to help catch thieves when they literally walked past my house, and I have 5 cameras.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support