Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Clangley5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just wondering how people feel abut the capability of talking using the Arlo Pro. Do you use it and is it helpful. I'm adding to my basic bas so I won't be ablessed to get the siren.. Just trying to decide if it's wOrth the extra money and the batteries are different too.

Thank you for any feedback.
Cindy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I don't use the mic or speaker BUT the rechargeable battery is way better than using CR123A or RCR123A batteries. The low light video is significantly better in the Pro and no pink filter to get stuck as per the original. The motion sensing is significantly better on the Pro. The lag between motion and starting recording video is significantly less for the Pro. The USB port for charging/power/solar panel etc is also useful and will hopefully be even more useful in the future.
Overall, get the Pro even if it costs a little more.

IMO  only of course

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I don't use the mic or speaker BUT the rechargeable battery is way better than using CR123A or RCR123A batteries. The low light video is significantly better in the Pro and no pink filter to get stuck as per the original. The motion sensing is significantly better on the Pro. The lag between motion and starting recording video is significantly less for the Pro. The USB port for charging/power/solar panel etc is also useful and will hopefully be even more useful in the future.
Overall, get the Pro even if it costs a little more.

IMO  only of course

Clangley5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks a bunch Steve_T. Really appreciate your prompt reply and pointing out the pros of the camera and battery. That is a deal breaker. Just wish my other was a pro but I can't complain since it was a gift. I'll use the pro at the front and the basic on the back door. I can always add to the system later.

Cindy