Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DWFoxtrot
Tutor
Tutor

So the ArloPro has the ability for two-way communication, but when someone comes to my door, I cannot connect with Live View. I'm guessing it's because it has detected motion and is recording. But what good is live view if you cant connect?!? Am I missing a setting? I feel like I just wasted a few hundred $. I can connect easily to live view when nobody is there. But what good is that? I'm pretty disappointed. 

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is that via the app?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DWFoxtrot,

What is preventing you from initiating the live stream? Are you seeing an error message?

JamesC

DWFoxtrot
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC wrote:

DWFoxtrot,

What is preventing you from initiating the live stream? Are you seeing an error message?

JamesC

This happens when viewing from the app and on-line. If someone comes to my door, the motion detection starts recording. If I try to go to live view to see who it is, after a few seconds of staring at a gray screen I get a message saying "the request timed out". It's not until the motion stops (after the person is gone) that I can go to live view.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you go to www.speedtest.net and tell us your upload, download, and ping?

DWFoxtrot
Tutor
Tutor

steve_t wrote:

Can you go to www.speedtest.net and tell us your upload, download, and ping?

My upload is 12.10 MBPS and download is 90.14 MBPS and Ping is 13 ms.

It's as though I can't "cut in" in live view while the camera is recording from motion detection. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I'll check it out later. Previously, people had been cutting into the live feed while it was recording and it cut the recording off, which annoyed people. I wonder if they've tried 'fixing' that and inadvertently broken it.

Those speeds should be well fast enough for the system to function well

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DWFoxtrot,

I've tested live streaming while a recording is in progress and successfully interrupted the recording and was able to stream as expected.

What does the signal strength indicator show for this camera? Do you have any other cameras that behave this way?

JamesC