Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
BigBroIsWatchin
Tutor
Tutor

So exactly what are the release notes to update besides camera change “yes” and “bug fixes”
Are they posted somewhere? Am I missing them? Someone please tell me where they are

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

Somewhere in Arlo's Vaults - LOL

Brian

BigBroIsWatchin
Tutor
Tutor

And by the way, does anyone by chance know what the term is for when there a conformity among different vendors in order to further progress in a particular field? I.E. all modems/routers use same a/b/ac/g/n or all vendors of usb cables make them so all do the same thing (save for a very small few). There is a term for it and it is even governed by some entity as is WiFi bands

BigBroIsWatchin
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah exactly but seeing as how this is open source based and updates are pretty much forced on you or required to product to work, we are entitled to the specific details. When companies are dodgy and sketchy like this it makes me nervous especially when I know things that happen that are not supposed to happen ( to your knowledge anyway)

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

BigBroIsWatchin wrote:
 updates are pretty much forced on you or required to product to work, we are entitled to the specific details.

Nice idea, but will say that much of Netgear's code isn't opened source and I don't see other companies really giving specifics as to update in software ( like apple )...

Good info to have to make a user decision , but def not entitled.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------