Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo solar panel is showing "not compatible"

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Matt76
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 arlo pro cams connected to 2 original Arlo solar panels. Unfortunately there is always the warning "it's not compatible (!)" coming up. Why? What can I do?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's usually an issue with fully seating both ends of the cable which can be a real PITA. That can lead to the message by itself or can let moisture into the connection. If it's moisture, bring the panels and cables into the house and let them dry (disconnect the cable) completely for a few to several days. For the cameras, pick a time when it will be dry and leave the plastic connector seals open so those can dry. When you're sure they're dry, reinstall one panel and take your time and effort to ensure the connectors are fully seated and test again.

It's possible that it's a hardware problem but I doubt it on two different installations. Unfortunately, if the problem is due to moisture, it's possible that the moisture has cause corrosion which leads to hardware failure. In thaat case, you'll need to open a case with support here.