Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Nomad51
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo Pro, when do you expect service to resume? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
whtciv2k
Star
Star

my cams just came online. confirmed that it was a netgear issue.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
whtciv2k
Star
Star

I would also like to know this. they appear to be having major issues today.

whtciv2k
Star
Star

my cams just came online. confirmed that it was a netgear issue.

cspring007
Guide
Guide
Yep Me too.
cspring007
Guide
Guide
Still Getting status. On every camera.
whtciv2k
Star
Star

any chance we can get an RCA, Netgear support? I'd like to know why it went down and the duration as it seems to have gone offline in the middle of the night when it's most important. if it was some type of cloud update you all were doing, it would have been nice to have some sort of advance notice.

whtciv2k
Star
Star

reboot your phone and try web login. both app and web were having problems for me until about 5 minutes ago. seeing as they came back online at 7:30am it seems that they may have been doing some scheduled maintenance.....

whtciv2k
Star
Star

BTW, i've definitely seen some poorly coded apps and i am no programmer by any means but this arlo app is dancing on the line of complete crap. I like the cam's and they do what i want them to do most of the time. i wish they had a setting that would allow you to remain logged in for X amount of time before needing to login and re-load the screens. the load times is what kills it for me... like i said in another post, if they go offline in the middle of the night without any warning again, my 5 arlo pro cams and my base station are all gonna get sold and replaced with Nest indoor/outdoor cams (already have 1 indoor and 1 outdoor cam and they are AWESOME.

vrsamudrala
Initiate
Initiate

My service was down since morning and it is still showing offline..any one has similar trouble

whtciv2k
Star
Star

Give it some time. I bet they were having massive issues and it's taking things some time to settle and return to normal. I just got my connection back this morning 3/30/2017 @ 7:30am is when i was able to get connected via app/PC again. I'm east coast, mid-atlantic area. what area you in?

Nomad51
Initiate
Initiate
Mine's up now!
whtciv2k
Star
Star

good stuff bro. i hope enough people bother netgear so that they'll release a root cause or at least let us know if they're going to be doing any type of maintenance. i'd like to think it was an outage but just the fact they came online right at 7:30am makes me think it was more scheduled maintenance....

Masonlock
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looks like my devices got a firmware update. Could be why they were offline.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I rebooted my phone and it's working again. I totally agree the Android off is complete crap and needs lot of work
vrsamudrala
Initiate
Initiate

I am in NC and still my service appears to be down.. 

one time it came online but my app still showed offline...i need to change my mode(right now it is on ARMED mode) and siren goes off when it comes online..is there any way to change the mode when the system is offline?

Sportster1200
Tutor
Tutor
Still down in MA
whtciv2k
Star
Star

my base station keeps going online/offline. was working fine from about 7:30am to 8:00am. it looks like they released a new firmware 1.090.0.1_11011 release jan 28th

when i checked just now the firmware now reads 1.092.0.1_11504

I hope this new firmware didn't break everyones connection to the cams and base stations.....

FLLiving
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still down in Florida. Issues since 3am it's now 853am
tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

My system is back online and working since 6:00am. I am in Las Vegas, Nevada,

I trust that Netgear sorts out their issues, soon. This is happening too frequently.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This wasn't specifically an Arlo issue - it was an Amazon AWS server issue.  It's happened before recently with a DOS attack that caused AWS to be unreachable.  Dunno if this is the same thing or not.

cspring007
Guide
Guide
Working hit and miss. Still problems with the service.