Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo servers down 4.23.2018 Cox cable

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
drdale45
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo servers are down.  That's one heck of a security system fellas.  I'm sending mine BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many users are confirming this issue has been resolved. Please let me know if you continue experiencing an issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you using Cox? We're currently investigating an issue some users are experiencing with Cox cable. Do you also experience an issue when connection with a mobile device (using your data connection, not your home WiFi)?

JamesC

drdale45
Aspirant
Aspirant
Both. I called your customer support team in India, they said your engineers are working on it and maybe it'll be fix in 2-3 hours.
Smok1n
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am with Cox and access to Arlo servers went down for me a little over an hour ago.

DeArlo
Star
Star

My arlo pro cameras in the Los Angeles area (Spectrum Internet aka Time Warner) are still running, but my arlo pro in an area served by Cox are "offline" -- though for some reason I can still choose to look via the Live option at times.

drdale45
Aspirant
Aspirant

And to specify, my systems are on Cable One.

And even from Comcast, i can't access any arlo info on the website for my acccount.  Nor can I access via TMobile mobile.

svtdriver
Guide
Guide

Same problem. Cox also, but works on Verizon Wireless.

The tin foil hat in me wonders if it is related to today being the first day ISP's can disergard net neutrality & ISP's "optimizing" traffic.

My Fing was down also.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Has anyone complained to Cox?

DeArlo
Star
Star

Update:  4:59pm (PDT)   Looks like it's working for Cox at this moment in sourthern California.  Hopefully whatever was affecting the cameras/cloud connection has been fixed.

During the "offline" outage, understandably Arlo wasn't able to record for several hours.  The Live view was actually viewable intermittently during the time you log in where it says "getting status" --  audio  was possible during that window, but manual recording was greyed out.    Once Arlo failed to get a status, it would go offline completely. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Complain to Cox. It could have been as "simple" as a DNS server issue but it wasn't an Arlo problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many users are confirming this issue has been resolved. Please let me know if you continue experiencing an issue.

JamesC