Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro with solar panel givs charing error, but seems to work

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
wmccall614
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since installing the solar panel on my camera, the app and web page gives this error 90% of the time, though the camera seems to day charged.

A charging fault has been detected on 4XH5797NA958F camera. Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug. If this error message persists, see KB article for Charging Faults.

II haven't found this article yet. 

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master
wmccall614
Aspirant
Aspirant

THanks for that, it would appear to be the right article.  However, the error comes and goes. If it it s an intermittent connection it would appear to be a week design. That connector with a right angle on it is difficult to get into the camera while on a ladder when you really don't want to take the camera off its mount.  Next time I get up there maybe I'll reseat the connector on the solar cell side as well, its easier to manipulate.    As mentioned in the previous message, its been 60 days and my camera is stil at 100% charge, so it is charging. 

brh
Master
Master

@wmccall614

I haven't figured out why some people get this message. My guess is that due to the force required to insert these plugs, one of the pins carrying data has bent. Although annoying, if everything is working great other than the message, I would let it ride.

Brian